Bradford, Pennsylvania

When I signed up for ADT, I was not informed by the Telephone Representative that there was a three contract and if I moved I could not move the equipment. When the serviceman installed the equipment, I was asked to sign a document that verified the installation but was not told that this was a three year contract and that I could not move the equipment. When I relocated a year later, I called ADT to arrange for relocation. I was told that the equipment MUST stay in the current home and that I would have to purchase new equipment (that was about $900). I refused since I felt I already owned equipment. So for the past year I have been paying $40 per month for disconnected service. When I call recently to complain, I was told there would be a $436 early termination fee even though I have had no service and did not plan to have any from ADT. After 48 minutes on the phone and being passed around to 5 different service people, I settled for a $167 early termination fee.

ADT clearly failed to inform me of the policy regarding not being allowed to move my purchased equipment. I have had to pay over $600 to ADT for a period during which they provided no service.

I do not consider this a reputable business. Please consider other alternatives.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Installation.

Comments

Why did you sign a document that you didnt read? Its your fault for not reading the contract. Never sign anything without reading it.

Good afternoon, my name is Dan an I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am so sorry to hear that you were not aware you were under a 3 year contract with our company and would like to speak with you further about the options that you have.

Please send us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to you. Thank you.

Good afternoon, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear that you were unaware that you signed a 3 year contract with our company and would like to speak with you further about the option we have for you.

ADT Reviews