Santa Monica, California
2.4

Well, I ordered ADT for the home we were renting. Paid it for a yr with some initial installation fee.

Happy with there service but not great since the installer ended up making a huge mess that I ended up having to pay for when we left our rental. No matter, I want to move the service to my new home that I bought. The initial quote was $950 + Monthly fee increase and a new 2 yr contract. I was only 12 months done with my old contract?

They have reduced the installation fee to a mere $500. Ridiculous. To wire some windows when you have a wireless product? ADT has lost a long term customer (I have had ADT for over a decade 1 way or another) and I have to pay out the final 12 months of my contract at $40 per month when I am never going to use their service.

I am going to find a competitor for cheaper and bash the horrible company service/customer move policy on as many sites as I can. Simplisafe looks like a good alternative!

Thanks ADT.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Account.

Reason of review: Pricing Gouge when Moving.

Preferred solution: Cancel my account and dont make me pay for a service I am not going to use..

ADT Cons: Billling practice, Whole attitude.

• ADT Home Alarms
  • Adt Poor Customer Service

Comments

Madine

Please send a complaint to the BBB. Unfortunately, this is the ONLY way my issues were resolved. The BBB needs to know how terrible this company is.

You should look into CPI!

ADT Reviews