1.7K views

I recently dealt with ADT, and am not happy to say the least. The company pulled a bait and switch on my alarm installation, and they have been totally unresponsive to my followup calls.

This company is one of the biggest alarm companies out there, yet their credibility and customer service are beyond unacceptable. As far as I can tell, the list of consumer complaints against this company is huge. ADT should not be able to treat customers like this.

I created a blog to try and get people together to file a class action lawsuit against the company. If you are interested, please visit: http://adtclassactionlawsuits.com/

Review about: Adt Installation.

Comments

Not free installation, offered a $100 gift card and never received and they keep coming up with excuses as to why. These excuses wasn't brought at the time of purchase .

USA Safe Streets called me about their system and I didn’t even give them my social number or take the product. But now I have a hard credit on my credit report for them. I am really pissed because I didn’t want anything and now it is hurting my credit score and I don’t know how to get it off.

The sales person said it was a 2 year contract. I called to get the monitoring fees lowered or keep the fees the same and add more equipment.

They told me it was a 3 year contract. I ask for a copy of the contract and they sent it to me. The contract did not have my signature on it and where it was supposed to be initialed by me someone else did it " easy to see" They said they were not reasonable because it was sold by an affiliate. The affiliate just did not want to speak to me.

But I was told how it was done "by mistake". She said the contract I signed was just for my review and that the real contract was signed when it was installed.

I was asked to sign this by the installer to prove he installed the unit, and it was on a small IPad. I have had this system for 2 and 1/2 years, ADT so 6 months left of your cheating contract, I guess I need to see how much business I can cost you, because no one at ADT wanted to hear or help in any way.

to Rogwe #1420188

This is the same thing they did to me too now behind in payments and to be shut off the 29 th of this month and they want $1400 up front after disconnecting

Think someone should write the attorney general to do a investigation? They are one of the biggest because they cheat and lie

ADT is the worst company out there. I have a story also and am filing a lawsuit on them.

to Anonymous #1401067

Let me know and I’ll sign it. Did it to me, too!

I also had a bait and switch through ADT and Safe Streets USA. Offered a system installed for $99 and got a bill for $1349.

I cancelled under the 3 day right to cancel and they refused to acknowledge that. I have been protesting it now for 6 months, and now they have "ARM" collections calling me.

I will keep fighting this. Tdazzler@aol.com

beliso87adt
to Anonymous Jacksonville, Florida, United States #703439

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry for the frustration you've endured with Safe Streets and ADT and would like to assist you further.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. - Andrew

to beliso87adt #1170694

Adt Authorized dealer Safestreetsusa is a scam stay far away from them

Just got a collection letter from a law firm for a PAID account that was misrepresented and canceled.

Anthrax

I have done a tremendouse amount of research on ADT trade practices. I would like to connect with those parties that have contracts with ADT. I believe that i can show that ADT has breached their contracts with its costumers.

I would like to help any person that is interested

to Anthrax #580311

Hi. I'm a reporter gathering research about the sales practices of security companies.

Would you be willing to speak with me about ADT?

If so, please email me at katfish83@gmail.com. Thank you.

to reporter Camden, New Jersey, United States #621660

Please leave more information because ADT is the real problem not most security companies. However ADT takes over another company like Brink and then you have all the ADT problems. No one is more crooked then ADT and their contracts are automatically renewed so you never can get away without paying them off.

to Anthrax New York City, New York, United States #666984

I am having the same thing happen to me tell me what to do next?

Understand that ADT and an ADT Dealer are two different companies. When you deal with an ADT dealer you are actually dealing with ABC (fill in the blank) Security Company.

These companies are authorized to use the ADT name as long as they say they are dealers for ADT. ADT does have sales and if you are in an area that has a corporate office I suggest to go through them and not a dealer.

That being said you should always read contracts before you sign them. If you have gone through a dealer you probably gave them your social so they will take you to ollections, if you went through corporate they will just turn the monitoring off and try to bill you but nothing more.

to Daniel #1174199

This is not so, the dealerships sell the contracts to ADT for a fee of $1,500 per contract. Those dealerships have nothing to do with the consumer after 90 days.

Recently was employed with ADT. It is complete blasphemy how this "Nation Wide" company "creating customers for life"...

"world class service" BS! ADT is a joke! They treat their employees like robots & treat their customers EVEN worse! The authorized dealers of which work for ADT will LIE about ANYTHING to get consumers to sign a contract!

We all know, no one reads the actual contract, however they'll sale you on a pitch "you can cancel w/o penalty or you have only signed a contract for 1year! Yeah right! ADT doesn't even offer a 1 year contract! ALL of ADTs contracts are 3years with the exclusion of contracts in the state of California!

And they also fail to mention if you cancel early you are responsible for 75% of the remainder of the contract!! ADT will double bill you til the day you die, they will bill you of your credit card has expired, or even if they can't access your ACH information. Calls get escalated by customers & managers never want to take the call!!! Reps are required to offer a 24-48 hr call back, but that's definitely not guaranteed!

If you have signed up for ADT & you have gon through an authorized dealer your in for a rude awakening!!! ADT is an awful, beyond awful company to do business with, let alone work for! There a greedy company & care nothing about anything but MONEY! They have authorized dealers all over the world bring in thousands of dollars worth of contracts from customers per month!

Calculate that by the year, that's 1million plus!

And that's just half, that doesn't even include direct accounts through ADT, or small business accounts, government accounts, or national accounts! I'd lOve to be apart of this law suit, they need to be taught a lesson & THIS is just the half!!

In the middle of a very messy bait and switch with the company. I'd like any further information on steps you take.

Our experience has been a nightmare. Thank you

to Laura Novak Newark, Ohio, United States #620213

I have adt and want in On the law suit. They keep raising my payment and switched company's the.

The other company took out two month and is was even higher than my regular payment. If Anyone can help me you can email jamie43076@hotmail.com