Coral Springs, Florida

I had an ADT system installed recently. Sensors failed within hours.

To get service, you cannot call the local installer, but service centers. They try to tell you how to disarm the sensors failing, then schedule a tech. Disarming didn't work, so I can't arm the system. I called back.

Different way to disarm the sensors. Didn't work. They hung up. Called back.

Put me on hold, then hung up. I called back. Promised not to put me on hold, did, then went back to the initial call in automated message. Called back.

Put me in touch with someone in Indiana. I said 'come take this out and give me a refund'. Sorry, only the local installer can do that. Then have them come do it.

Hold, we will connect you. Hung up. I called back. Got me in touch with someone in Ohio.

We will schedule a tech on Monday. Coming to take it out and give me a refund? You will have to discuss with them. Cant wait for them to arrive!

This system has now been in my house for almost 2 weeks, cost me about $2000 to install plus a monthly fee, and it has never worked. How can they claim this is residential security? Neat, I can go on my cell phone and access the cameras. OOOOOOh!

ADT is a ripoff. DO NOT USE.

I am going to make a video and put it online with a couple of thieves who see an ADT sign then one says, don't worry, half of the sensors are always disabled anyway because their systems don't work, and break in to the house.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

Wonder

Hello. I work with ADT's Corporate office and I would like to assist with addressing your concerns.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused for you. Please email us your contact information for where your service is located to AlwaysThere@adt.com and we'll follow up with you.

Thank you. -Andrew