Toronto, Ontario

I bought a house with an ADT security system installed by the previous owner. I did not activate the system as we are a big family and someone is always here.

After a few years of living in the house the alarm began going off each time we open a door. When it goes off we have to push a button on the keypad (clear or off). Unfortunately we cannot get it to stop doing this so every single time we open a door it does this.

After contacting the company they have told me:

1. They cannot provide any code to me to turn it off permanantly

2. They cannot turn it off from their end.

3. They will not send a technician to turn it off because I don't have an account

4. If I had an account this would cost me $2OO to have it fixed

I feel that they should be responsible for the system in the home and that they should be required to fix this problem. Whether they disarm it or remove it, they should do something.

Kirsten Snowdon

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Comments

Really, if you were an ADT customer, would you feel secure when your alarm company can arm or disarm your system with the push of a button? *** you're retarded.

I am an employee of ADT and I understand the frustration involved in that, but WE DO NOT KNOW THE ACCESS CODES, AND WE CANNOT REMOTELY DISARM THE SYSTEM. The system can be powered down by unplugging it but thats the only way.

ADT Reviews