I have been an ADT customer for over 3 years and then I discontinued the service for about 9 months, then I asked to reactivate the ADT system, then they scammed me to sign a new 3 year contract while acknowledging I was an old customer and be eligible for month to month service. When I called to cancel the service today and they told me they will charge me for 790$ for penalty because I was considered as a new customer.

I was totally shocked and called different people in ADT, from customer rep to accounting, to local branch to customer royalty, none of them would reason with me.

The customer service rep at the local branch in Calgary was rude and terrible. I would never never go back to ADT again and recommend anyone who is going to sign the contract be aware of the 3 year high penalty fee.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Customer Care.

Comments

Just to let you know, the same thing just happened to me. It's amazing how poor their customer service is. I would imagine this is par for the course for ADT.

I personally will be getting a lawyer.

Intimidation should never be a company's "customer service".

Wonder
@Brad

Hello Brad, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I'm sorry to hear you've had the same experience and we would like to assist with your concerns.

Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. -Andrew

@Wonder

I have also found out this today also. I was not notified by the sales/ installer of the three years and also have been a previous month to month customer and now I have to pay 70percent of my remaining contract which will be 2,700 to cancel service.

I was fast talked and upsold. I’m considering a lawyer as well because I was so rushed and completely blindsided because the new policy was not explained.

I am extremely angry and disappointed . Carin White

Wonder

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with ADT and would like to assist you further.

Please send us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help.

Thank you. -Andrew

@Wonder

ADT is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I might be suing them for misrepresentation and breach of contract.

ADT Reviews