My wife and more accurately my son got this for us. I was completely against it, but hey, happy wife.

We have owned the house for more than ten years and have never had a break in. Work took us from NC to California and the alarm was set. Three days in the police called my wife's cell to tell her the alarm had gone off { silent alarm luckily registered with the police). They attended and nothing was amiss except our car was on the drive and no-one answered the door.

After speaking with my wife the police told us nothing was wrong. After the three months was just over another sensor failed. The ADT rep expected me, disabled, to get up to the sensor at our patio door and remove the battery. After the reset it still would not work.

Two times later repeating the reset we have to pay what is basically a three month charge for ADT to come and fix their *** equipment. $93 for naught. I wanted to cancel there and then but of course the fees for cancelling are the full price of the contract.

No suprise really. So if you want a really good system (And full disclosure I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM) buy the system that comes in a box with no contract and half the monitoring fees.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adt Security System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

My wife wanted a security system for our home and handled the contract and install (I did not want the alarm system). She could never get it to work.

We never had a break-in our home that we have owned for 20 years. In my opinion the system wouldn't have stopped a burglar from breaking in due to our house layout. We paid over $1800 for a system we never used and could not get out of the 3 year contract. The customer service was horrible and provided me false information on numerous occasions on how we could lower our monthly bill.

Stay away from ADT.

They would rather get every $ from you than retain you as a customer or customize their system for you house in a logical way. This is the worst experience and the most amount of money I have wasted in my life.

Atha

Hello. I apologize for this experience.

We'd like to review these concerns further to assist you. Could you please email us your account info for where the service is located to AlwaysThere@adt.com, and we'll follow up?

Thank you. -Andrew